The links below will open a new window with the corresponding website.
Educational and Licensing requirements vary by province and individuals should inquire with the provincial governing body and educational institution(s) in their province for more information.
The associations in Canada are great resources for this information and we encourage all those looking to get their Mortgage Professional career started, take a look at the content offered on the sites below (The links below will open a new window with the corresponding website) :
- AMBA (Alberta Mortgage Brokers Association)
- CAAMP(Canadian Association of Accredited Mortgage Professionals)
- IMBA (Independent Mortgage Brokers Association)
- MBABC (Mortgage Brokers Association of BC)
Other Educational Links and Offerings
Please note that licensing requirements differ by province and individuals should inquire with the provincial governing body and educational institution for more information.
For more information on the licensing requirements, please visit CAAMP.
Industry Educational Offerings
- AMBA (various educational offerings specific to Alberta)
- AMP Pre-Accreditation Courses (including: Ethics and Responsibilities for Mortgage Professionals)
- CAAMP Continuing Education (CE) (including: Events, Online Courses, Third Party Provider Events)
- CMHC – The CLASSROOM (The CLASSROOM for Mortgage Professionals puts you in touch with a wealth of CMHC’s in-person, on-line and webinar training on a wide range of housing topics including home buying, renovating, greening, housing markets, mortgage loan insurance, and more.)
- Genworth eLearning Courses (including: Essentials of Electronic Communication, Developing Excellent Time Management Habits, etc.) - Lenders, Brokers
- Genworth Workshops for Mortgage Professionals (i.e. Understanding Appraisals, Understanding Credit Reports, Shut the Door on Fraud, Condition Fulfillment, Underwriting 101, etc.) - Lenders, Brokers
- IMBA (Mortgage Agent licensing courses, online Continuing Education courses, seminars and symposiums and more)
- MBABC (various educational offerings specific to B.C.)
- MBIBC (Online Mortgage Brokers Institute for Licensing and Continuing Education)
AMP (Accredited Mortgage Professional) Designation
AMP is the only national proficiency standard for Canada’s mortgage industry. Launched in 2004, the AMP designation was developed as part of CAAMP’s ongoing commitment to increasing the level of professionalism in Canada’s mortgage industry.
Davis + Henderson has been a keen supporter of the AMP since its launch.
For more information please visit AMP.